One of the Best AAA Boys Races West Virginia has ever seen! Propst winning her third individual state title The AAA boys kicked off the afternoon in Ona...
Woodford on his way to the AA-A Boys Victory McCauley making her move at the 2 mile mark Under clear, sunny skies, the AA-A boys kicked off things in Ona, WV at...
Congratulations to 2010 WV State Champions Drew Woodford, Sarah McCauley, Jacob Burcham, and Letitia Propst and to the teams of Grafton Boys, Philip Barbour Girls...
Attention Coaches, The 2010 WV State Championship qualifiers are listed below. Please click on your division and check for spelling of your athletes names. If...
This Saturday is the day! Cabell Midland High School will once again be hosting the West Virginia High School State Cross Country Championships. If you’ve never...
On October 21, 310 St Eusebius ends his reign as Catholic Pope. On October 21, 686 Conon begins his reign as Catholic Pope. On October 21, 1492 Columbus lands on San...
Additional InformationState Meet - October 30, 2010
1. The 2010 site will be Cabell Midland High School. The Director will be Steve Lovejoy. Invitational Meet State Site - September 4, 2010 - www.midlandrunning.com
2. It is recommended that the host site of the state meet will make the course available for schools.
3. The coaches� meeting at the State Meet must be completed a minimum of thirty minutes prior to starting time. Meeting time will be 9:00 - AAA, 12:30 - AA/A.
4. 2010 Meet Time (Two Classes)
10:00 am � Boys AA/A
10:45 am � Girls AA/A
11:45 am � Awards
1:00 pm � Boys AAA
1:45 pm � Girls AAA
2:30 pm � Awards
5. Results from individuals and teams must be turned into the official scorer no later than ten (10) minutes after the completion of the race. Failure to comply will result in disqualification of team or individual.
6. The finish line at all State Cross Country Meets will be video taped for order of finish only.
7. Practice, touring, walking the State Meet site will be Friday,4:45 p.m. until 6:00 p.m. and Saturday from 8:00 a.m. until 9:30 a.m. Course guides will be available after 4:45 p.m. on Friday. No one will be permitted on the course other than
the specified times.
8. Reimbursement: Check the Reimbursement Schedule Sheet located in the Entry Form Book.
9. State Qualifiers:
a. Teams (Boys and Girls)
Regions with the following number of teams
who begin the regional race will qualify the indicated number of teams.
1-3 teams � 1 qualifier
4-6 teams � 2 qualifiers
7-9 teams � 3 qualifiers
10 plus teams � 4 qualifiers
b. Individuals (Boys and Girls)
Individuals in the region who finish in the top ten (10)
inclusive of the qualifying teams will qualify for the state meet.
10. Admission for the State Meet will be:
Adults �� $8.00
Students �� $7.00
11. It is recommended that athletes should wear school identifying clothing during Awards Ceremony.
Courtesy and Identification Cards for Principals and Assistant Principals will be accepted.
The winner and runner-up teams (boys and girls) at the State Meet shall receive trophies and individual plaques provided by the WVSSAC, and individual awards will be presented to the first ten place finishers. Regional team winners will receive a team plaque. Regional Directors may have the option of presenting ribbons to the top ten individuals (boys and girls).
Sponsorship and Rights: The WVSSAC is the sponsoring organization for all state tournaments. The WVSSAC reserves all rights in regard to the management of these tournaments, the sale of any items at the tournament site, and any audio or visual reproductions of the events. Any sale, distribution
or reproduction of clothing, souvenirs, pictures or other items without the expressed written consent of the WVSSAC is strictly prohibited. Pictures for media or school yearbooks are to be used for these purposes only.
- No discussion yet. Be the first!