Meet Highlights: Included are the performances entered for each meet that met the national silver or gold standard for the week of 4/8/12 to 4/14/12. We will update as results come in. Please check back.
Chup Robinson Memorial Invitational (added to article on 4/16 by Doug McDaniel)
- Concord University signee and senior Ashleigh Taylor high jumped 5' 04" to claim the win with a personal best height and a WV#4 mark.
- Senior Bethany Drury of St. Albans achieved a Milesplit 1st team Gold standard for her massive WV#1 heave of 41' 09" in the shot put. Drury also won the discus with a personal best 121'06".
Clear Channel MOV/Russ Parsons (added to article on 4/15 by Doug McDaniel)
- Amelia Paladino, sophomore, from University placed first in the 3200m run in a personal best 10:47.92 and WV#1 time of the season and WV#3 all-time earning a Gold standard.
Paul Wood Memorial Invitational (added to article on 4/15 by Doug McDaniel)
- Aj White, senior, from Hurricane was a double winner in the shot put and discuss earning an elite silver standard mark in the shot put with a heave 54' -0"
- Alex Howden, senior, from Hurricane took first in the pole vault with a personal best height of 14'-0".
Buckhannon-Upshur Track Meet III on April 10th, 2012 at Buckhannon-Upshur High School Track in Buckhannon, WV. 4 National Elites.
- Emily Godwin of Buckhannon-Upshur High School runs 14.90 in the 100m hurdles and 45.80 in the 300m hurdles.
- Lauren Cvechko of Buckhannon-Upshur High School high jumps 5-05.
- Cam Viney of Elkins High School runs 14.40 in the 110m hurdles.
Grafton Home Meet I on April 10th,2012 at Grafton High School Track in Grafton, WV. 2 National Elites.
- Amelia Paladino of University High School runs 5:11.19 in the 1600m run.
- Nicole Lacata of East Fairmont High School long jumps 29-09.
St. Clairsville Quad on April 10th, 2012 at St. Clairsville High School Track in St. Clairsville, OH. 3 National Elites.
- John Marshall High School 4 x 800m relay team runs 9:32.49.
- Emma Dolan of Wheeling High School pole vaults 10-06.
- Ethan Deletka of Oak Glen High School throws discus 155-11.
Pizza House Invitational on April 13th, 2012 at the Ritchie County Track in Ellenboro, WV. 2 National Elites.
- Maggie Drazba of St. Marys High School runs US#5 and a new State Record of 4:51.88 in the 1600m run.
- Ethan Delekta of Oak Glen High School throws discus 161-11.
Capital City Classic on April 13th, 2012 at Laidley Field Track in Charleston, WV. 4 National Elites.
- Emily Godwin of Buckhannon-Upshur runs 14.81 in the 100m hurdles, high jumps 5-06, and long jumps 18-0.75.
- Joseph Kirtner of Winfield High School runs 9:27.93 in the 3200m run.
Taco Bell Classic on April 13th-14th, 2012 at Spring Valley High School in Columbia, SC.
- Cabell Midland High School Boys 4 X 800m relay team runs US#12 and WV#1 All-Time in 7:51.89.
- Jacob Burcham of Cabell Midland High School runs US#17 9:00.21 in the 3200m run.
Charas Heurich Invitational on April 14th, 2012 at Smithburg High School in Smithburg, MD. 3 National Elites.
- Rhonda Rogombe of Washington High School high jumps 5-04.
- Eric Graf of Jefferson High School runs 4:20.16 in the 1600m run.
- Roland Rush of Washington High School pole vaults 14-0.